Comfort food at it’s finest with this high protein Easy Slow Cooker Lamb Stew!
It’s not often you find a tasty and hearty recipe with only 3 steps AND one that cooks itself while you’re at work…until now! Who’s up for a delicious protein packed Lamb Stew for tea tonight? Made in your slow cooker with fresh herbs, veggies and delicious tender lamb which is not only a fab source of protein but also has BVits which help fight tiredness too – all in one pot!
- 500g Cubed Lamb Shoulder
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 1 Onion Roughly Chopped
- Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Carrot sliced
- 1 Parsnip sliced
- Small handful of fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 100ml red wine
- 250g passata
- 300ml lamb stock (use two stock cubes)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Small tin butter beans, drained
(TOP TIP: In most supermarkets you can get bags of mixed vegetables for stews – these are great and usually contain your onion, carrot, parsnip and other root veg that will go nicely!)
- Brown the lamb with your garlic and onion in a pan with a little oil
- Add lamb, garlic and onions to your slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours and serve with mashed potatoes
It literally couldn’t be simpler – what more do you want from a cosy winters night meal on a budget with minimal effort! Turn it on before you head out to work and come back to dinner on a plate in 10 mins!
*Sponsored recipe with Try Lamb, Love It – Recipe all my own!