| Sponsored Post in Collaboration with UBU |
Winter is officially upon us and while that brings with it dark mornings and shorter days it also tumbles into Christmas season with lots of parties! You can’t beat a smokey eye when you’re out on the town but today I thought I’d do something a little different with a rose gold and cranberry version that takes only two colours and can be done in a flash – perfect for a quick spruce up after work ready to dance the night away!
I absolutely love UBU Makeup Brushes* and have been using them for months. If you’re after an amazing range of super affordable brushes I can’t recommend them enough…and they have rose gold tops! We featured them in a Makeup Brush 101 article a few months back and in this Copper Autumn Daytime Makeup Look, they have a brush for everything!
Today I’m going to be showing you how to re-create this Cranberry Smokey Eye Look perfect for your night on the town this winter!
Here comes the how to…
- I started with a base of NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint applied with the UBU Foundation Brush (£5 from Tesco/Asda or online). This is a great foundation for staying put all day and giving you that flawless finish. I prefer to apply it with a foundation brush over my fingers because it just glides on and is easier to build up coverage.
- Concealer time just applied with ring finger on any places I need a bit more coverage. Benefit Bo-ing is an all time favourite for creamy coverage that again lasts all day long.
- Onto the eyes! I started with MAC Expensive Pink a striking rose gold shade all over the lid applied with an UBU No.35 from their Smoke Screen Set (£6 Tesco/Asda or online) followed by MAC Cranberry in the outer corner and the crease. I used UBU No.36 from the same set to smudge in some brown kohl liner by Nicka K along my top and lower lashline – This brush is PERFECT for this and so soft, it creates the most beautiful smudge effect. Brows are courtesy of the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Brow Kit which is fab for traveling!
- On my cheeks I used the UBU Kabuki Brush (£6.30 from Tesco/Asda or online) to apply some NARS Casino for a neutral blush/bronze. And then added a little bit of shimmer from my NARS Dual Intensity Blush in Craving with the UBU Powder Brush (£6 from Tesco/Asda or online).
- On my lashes I’ve used Benefit Roller Lash because it never fails to disappoint and I also ran a little of Benefit High Brow Glow under the arch of my brows for added lift
- On my lips I’m rocking NARS Scarlette Empress for a bold berry finish!
And that’s it – our sultry Cranberry Smokey eye! By avoiding thick winged liner and opting for a subtle brown smoke around the lashline it enables us to rock bold lips and eyes without looking too overdone. I love the combination of the rose gold and cranberry – just remember to properly conceal any eye bags when using red tinted shadows to prevent looking tired.
What do you think? Would this be something you’d wear this season?
You can find all UBU brushes in Tesco or Asda or on Amazon!