If you love homemade crumble, then this super easy 3 minute microwave apple crumble recipe is for you!
I adore a homemade apple crumble! My mum taught me how to make it when I was little and to this day her traditional baked apple crumble recipe is still my favourite.
But what happens when you fancy that comforting apple crumble taste and don’t have time to wait for the oven. Or if you just want a little portion to satisfy a late night craving…
Introducing my 3 Minute Microwave Apple Crumble in a Mug!
All you need to make this apple crumble in a mug are 6 store cupboard ingredients, a microwave and your favourite mug! …oh, and some vanilla ice cream if you’re feeling extra indulgent.
Just like mum used to make…if it was done in a mug and quicker than you can say crumble!
3 Minute Microwave Apple Crumble in a Mug!
1/2 green apple (I love granny smiths for this!)
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1.5 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp Cold Butter
2 tbsp flour
1-2 tbsp porridge oats
- Peel and dice the apple and pop it in the bottom of your favourite (microwave safe!) mug.
- Add the cinnamon and a good tablespoon of water, mix together and microwave for 2 minutes
- Rub together the flour, sugar, butter and oats until it looks like big breadcrumbs
- Top your cooked apple with the crumble mixture and pop back in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Enjoy straight from the mug – be careful, it’s HOT! Add a dollop of clotted cream ice cream for extra sweet comfort!
You can easily double this recipe if you would like a bigger portion – just adjust the microwave times slightly to make sure everything is soft and warmed through.
The Apple Pie Martini
I’d love to see a picture of your crumble!
Tag me in your stories, tweets and instagram photos with @xameliax…and follow for more delicious mug recipes!
PIN THIS RECIPE