I bloomin’ love KFC. Sometimes that greasy fried chicken goodness is all you need to perk you up and make the world a better place – all that delicious spicy goodness! It’s also quick and easy to pick up a takeaway, rather than slaving over the stove.
I have even been known to eat an entire boneless family box for four between just me and one other person… absolutely no shame.
But along with that MSG-fuelled taste sensation also comes a boat load of fat so it’s really not great for you to eat KFC all the time. So I’ve created my very own Healthy Homemade KFC Chicken Recipe you can try at home if you want to cut down a little! With lots less calories than a traditional KFC, you can still get the taste sensation without any of the guilt.
What You’ll Need
2 Chicken Breasts
2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Celery Salt
1 tsp Onion Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp BBQ Dust/Seasoning
How To: Healthy Homemade KFC
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (Gas Mark 7)
- Cut your Chicken Breasts into strips
- Mix the spices and breadcrumbs together in a bowl
- Roll and coat the chicken in your spice mixture
- Spray a baking tray with Fry Light, place your chicken onto the tray spacing evenly and bake for 25-30 mins until coating is crispy and chicken is cooked through.
Serve with some baked healthy chips with beans or gravy on the side and some dipping sauces…which do you choose?! It’s crispy, it’s spicy and it tastes sooooo good!
Don’t forget to send me a picture on instagram @xameliax or leave a comment if you give my Healthy Homemade KFC Chicken Recipe a go!
Looking for more healthy recipes? Why not give my chicken salad a whirl?