A lot of the cocktails i invent happen by accident when raiding the cupboards for something different to drink on a lazy Saturday evening – and the Lychee Berry Martini is no exception! I had some lychee juice in the fridge left over from a dessert i’d made a few days before and before i knew it i was muddling away and creating a smoothie-esque cocktail with a fizzy hint of refresher sweets about it (hands up if you remember those!) and a super fruity tangy taste! I scribbled down my findings on a piece of paper and put it away safe for next time…three months later i found it at the back of the kitchen drawer and decided to share it with the world, and also to make it easier for me to find the next time i have the girls round!
Handful of fresh Raspberries
4 Shots Lychee Juice
2 Shots Vodka
Half a Lime
– Muddle your raspberries in a cocktail shaker until they’re good and squished!
– Add Ice and pour in Vodka and Lychee Juice
– Squeeze in half a lime and shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake your booty (and the cocktail)
– Strain into a martini glass and push some of the raspberry remains through your cocktail strainer with a teaspoon to get that smoothie texture
– Garnish with raspberries and enjoy!
I can’t get enough of this bad boy with it’s thick fruity and slightly fizzy taste and i think it makes a great Friday night drink before hitting the town!
If you give my cocktails a go don’t forget to tweet me a picture @xameliax! #lycheeberrymartini