Healthy Fried Chicken at Home
I bloomin’ love KFC. Sometimes that greasy fried chicken goodness is all you need to perk you up and make the world a better place!
But along with that MSG-fueled taste sensation also comes a boat load of saturated fat so it’s not ideal to eat a bucket every week!
But never fear because I’ve created my very own healthy fried chicken recipe if you need to get your KFC fix! With lots less calories than a traditional KFC, you can still get the taste without any of the guilt.
Healthy Fried Chicken Recipe:
What You’ll Need
2 Chicken Breasts
2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Celery Salt
1 tsp Onion Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp BBQ Dust/Seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (Gas Mark 7)
- Cut your Chicken Breasts into strips
- Mix the spices and breadcrumbs together in a bowl
- Crack the egg into a seperate bowl and whisk with a fork
- Dip your chicken strips into the egg and then roll and coat in your spice mixture
- Spray a baking tray with Fry Light, place your chicken onto the tray spacing evenly and bake for 25-30 mins until coating is crispy and chicken is cooked through.
Serve with some baked healthy chips with beans or gravy on the side!
By skipping the deep fat fryer we lose a LOT of grease, but that spice mix makes up in taste for what we lose in oil! It’s crispy, it’s spicy and it tastes sooooo good!
Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @xameliax or leave a comment if you give my Healthy Homemade KFC Chicken Recipe a go!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR FOOD BOARD FOR LATER