Hold onto your hats, this might be the most indulgent bake we’ve had on xameliax…..ever! I present to you my Triple Chocolate Salted Caramel and Peanut Butter Brownies – the ULTIMATE indulgence bake! These brownies are for days when everything’s gone wrong and the only thing that will help is gooey salted caramel, sticky peanut butter and three kinds of chocolate.
Some say one brownie can contain up to 1,200,769,387 calories and they’re so gooey because they’re full of secrets…chocolatey gooey secrets. Indulgence days aside these also make an incredible dessert served with good quality vanilla bean ice cream!
Triple Chocolate Salted Caramel and Peanut Butter Brownies –
What You’ll Need
- 200 g Dark Chocolate (70%+ cocoa content)
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 3 Large Eggs (or 4 medium)
- 275 g Caster Sugar
- 100 g Plain Flour
- 50 g Cocoa Powder
- 100 g White Chocolate Chips
- 100 g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 100 g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Dulche Leche
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- Flaky Sea Salt
1. Preheat your oven to 180c/160c Fan and line your 8/9″brownie tin with greaseproof paper
2. Melt the butter and dark chocolate over a pan – once melted leave to cool to room temp
3. Whisk together eggs and caster sugar until it’s doubled in side and is a mousse-like consistency that leaves a little trail on itself for a couple of seconds when drizzled
4. Carefully fold in the chocolate butter micture to the eggs and sugar until compbined. This takes some time – go slow and don’t knock the air out!
5. Sift in cocoa powder and flour and gently fold through until combined
6. Gently fold in the chocolate chunks and pour half of the mixture into your lined brownie tin.
7. In a separate bowl microwave the peanut butter for around 30 seconds to melt it slightly so it can be drizzled.
8. In another bowl add a pinch of flaky sea salt to your dulche de leche and stir together
9. Drizzle the peanut butter and dulche de leche over the brownie mixture in wiggly lines. You can also use a knife to ‘feather’ them and lightly mix the two wiggly lines together – this gives a more even distribution of each flavour into what will be our brownie squares.
10. Add in the rest of the brownie mixture, gently level and bake for 25-30 minutes. The middle should still jiggle sliiiightly when it comes out of the over and a skewer should come out mostly clean.
11. Leave to cool in the tin (they continue to bake in there so don’t overdo them in the oven) and slice into squares once completely cool
Not a salted caramel fan? Omit the salt. Not a peanut butter fan – try biscoff spread instead!
What you’re left with are the naughtiest brownies you’ll ever eat that may or may not leave you in a sugar coma after just one bite. They’re gooey, nutty, salty and sweet – you can’t not give these brownies a go!
Don’t forget to tag me in your pictures on Instagram @xameliax if you try my Triple Chocolate Salted Caramel and Peanut Butter Brownies out!