Hold onto your hats, this might be the most indulgent bake we’ve had on xameliax…..ever! Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you my Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Triple Chocolate Brownies – the ULTIMATE indulgence bake! These brownies are for days when everything’s gone wrong and the only thing that will help is gooey salted caramel, sticky peanut butter and three kinds of chocolate. Some say one brownie can contain up to 1,200,769,387 calories and they’re so gooey because they’re full of secrets, chocolatey gooey secrets. Indulgence days aside these also make an incredible dessert served with good quality vanilla bean ice cream!
What You’ll Need
100g Unsalted Butter
100g Crunchy Peanut Butter
100g Dark Chocolate
350g Dulche Leche Caramel (I got mine from Ocado!)
200g Golden Caster Sugar
130g Plain Flour
4 Medium Eggs
50g Cocoa Powder
50g White Chocolate Chips
50g Milk Chocolate Chips
Flaky Sea Salt
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (Gas Mark 4) and line your brownie tin with greaseproof paper
2. Melt the butter and peanut butter over a pan and break in the dark chocolate – simmer until melted
3. Whisk together the sugar, eggs and half of your caramel in a large bowl
4. In a separate bowl mix the rest of the caramel with 1 level tsp of flaked sea salt
5. Once melted whisk the chocolate and butter mixture into your sugar and eggs before folding in your flour and cocoa powder
6. Stir in your chocolate chips and spoon half the mixture into your tin. Add the salted caramel in 5 lines across the mixture and drag a knife through them in the opposite direction to distribute through the brownies
7. Top with the rest of the mixture and bake for 30-40 minutes until you can remove it from the oven and still jiggles slightly in the middle
What you’re left with are the naughtiest brownies you’ll ever eat that may or may not leave you in a sugar coma after just one bite. They’re gooey, nutty, salty and sweet and are according to Joe ‘The best thing I’ve ever baked’. You can’t not give these bad boys a go!
Don’t forget to tweet me a picture @xameliax if you give my Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Triple Chocolate Brownies a go!