Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year with Autumn in full swing and the dark evenings rolling in on us. It’s the perfect time to snuggle up with a spooky film, some sugary treats and of course a gloomy cocktail to complete the scene! I’ve teamed up with thebar.com* to bring you one of their favourite Halloween cocktails (with a little xameliax tweak!) – The Red Widow, a quirky take on a traditional Bloody Mary with a few extra ingredients to boost this cult classic.
What You’ll Need
– 1 Shot Smirnoff No. 21® Vodka
– 4 Shots (100ml) Tomato Juice
– 1/2 tsp Wasabi
1/2 Garlic Clove (Crushed)
Dash Soy Sauce
A Cherry Tomato
Half a Lemon
1 Celery Stick + leaf
– Fill your chosen glass with lots of ice
– Measure your Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka and Tomato Juice into your glass over the ice
– Add your wasabi, garlic and soy sauce
– Cut a wedge from your half lemon to garnish and squeeze the remainder into your glass (being careful to catch any loose pips!)
– Using a bar spoon stir until your ingredients combine
– Garnish with your cherry tomato cut in half on a toothpick with a celery leaf, a wedge of lemon and that traditional stick of celery
What you’re left with is a rich and spicy take on a classic Bloody Mary with a garlic tang sure to keep those vampires away! Best served cold and with one of my Spooky Spiced Ginger Sugar Cookies!
Check out more Halloween Cocktail recipes with thebar.com!
What’s your favourite cocktail for Halloween?
Tweet me @xameliax or leave a comment below!
* Post sponsored by thebar.com