My Super Easy Caramelised Nut & Maple Syrup Microwave Sponge Pudding Recipe
I love a warm sticky pudding after dinner – steaming hot with oodles of cream or custard and oh so comforting after a long day, bliss.
But did you know you can make them FROM SCRATCH…in the microwave…in only 10 minutes?!
Mary Berry, move over and make way for my super easy homemade Caramelised Nut & Maple Syrup Microwave Sponge Pudding!
Caramelised Nut & Maple Syrup Microwave Sponge Pudding –
Ingredients (Serves: 2)
85g Softened Butter
85g Self Raising Flour
85g Light Muscavado Sugar
6 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
A Large Handful of Caramelised Nuts – cashews are my fave! (store bought or make your own – see below)
Custard, ice cream or Fresh Cream to Serve
- Beat together your butter, flour, sugar and eggs.
- Gently crush your caramelised nuts with a rolling pin, and add them to the bottom of a small bowl (to make your own caramelised nuts, see my notes below…they’re delicious!)
- Add 3 tablespoons of maple syrup to each bowl (over the nuts!) and top with your cake mixture.
- Smooth out the mixture and cover with cling film – make sure to leave a little flap open on one side or pierce the top to let the air escape. Cook in the microwave for 2 mins (depending on your microwave’s power – it should have risen and be springy to the touch!)
- Turn your pudding out onto a plate or a bigger bowl and top with lots of hot custard or cream!
Watch My One Minute Tutorial –
MAKING YOUR OWN CARAMELISED NUTS…
Ok, so we don’t always have a bag of caramelised nuts lying around the house, but you CAN make them without any effort at all! Use any nuts you like – personally I find cashews work really well with this recipe.
You can use as many nuts as you like for this. We only need a small handful for each pudding so why not make a bigger batch and have them to snack on afterwards! Simply adjust the quantities below for your batch:
Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and add 100g of nuts along with 25g of butter, 1 teaspoon of honey and 25g of sugar. Stir constantly for approximately 5-10 minutes until your nuts are brown (but not burnt!) and covered in the caramel mix!
Tip your nuts out onto some grease proof paper and separate them out with a fork before letting them cool for about 5-10 minutes and go hard!
Once you’ve tried this recipe you’ll want to make them again and again! It’s just so easy and they taste amazing, especially after my hearty homestyle cottage pie! Why not have a play around with different nuts or try out some golden syrup on top instead?
If you’re rushed for time, you can eve make these the day before and leave them covered overnight ready to pop in the microwave the next day. Boom, 2 minute desert!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER
Don’t forget to tag me in a picture on Instagram @xameliax if you give me Caramelised Nut & Maple Syrup Microwave Sponge Pudding recipe a go!