Baileys Hot Chocolate with Orange!
If you’re a fan of orange chocolate and baileys, this is the recipe for you!
My orange hot chocolate recipe gets a boozy twist with a nice glug of Irish cream – the perfect mix of comfort and warmth.
This post contains affiliate links. These links don’t change the price for you but xameliax earns a small commission from the sales. This commission helps us to keep producing delicious and free content like this, so thank you! -ad-
This Baileys hot chocolate recipe is perfect for snuggling up in front of the fire with your favourite movie!
You can make it in a saucepan in just 5 minutes, or stick it in your slow cooker so it’s ready for when you come back after a chilly walk.
Baileys Hot Chocolate with Orange
Total Time: 5 minutes
Full Fat Milk
4 Chunks of Dark Chocolate
1 Shot Cointreau (this is what makes it an orange hot chocolate. You can substitute for a teaspoon of orange extract if you want to make it less boozy)
2 Shots Baileys
A segment of chocolate orange (optional!)
- Measure your milk by pouring it into your mug and then into the saucepan.
- Gently warm the milk and add the chunks of dark chocolate.
- Once melted, add your drinking chocolate (as per instructions, but it’s usually around 3 heaped teaspoons) and stir.
- Add your booze and give it a stir before pouring into your favourite mug.
- Top with squirty cream, marshmallows and grated chocolate. Add a chunk of Terrys Chocolate Orange if you’re feeling fancy…and enjoy!
If you’re making this orange hot chocolate in your slow cooker, whisk the milk and drinking chocolate to combine as much as possible before adding the dark chocolate chunks. Cook on low for 2 hours.
OR heat on the hob before a walk and transfer to the slow cooker before you leave. We have our slow cooker on a smart plug so we can turn it on with our phones to warm up half way through our walk and everything is ready for when we step in the door…bliss!
Will you be making a boozy hot chocolate this year?
How do you have yours?
Pin this recipe for later