The other week i was browsing my twitter feed and came across this recipe from La Coco Noire and it instantly inspired me to bake! Katie’s chocolate flapjacks looked so easy and so delicious i added the ingredients to my Ocado trolley straight away and waited patiently for my next delivery to arrive so i could get creative!
I love a good flapjack, and although they’re super naughty they’re a sure fire hit especially with a big hot cup of tea in front of the telly. They seem to last for ages in a tin and are so quick to whip up there’s no excuse really – perfect for unexpected guests! I had a fiddle with Katie’s recipe and added a few extras to create my Honeycomb Chocolate Flapjacks…with edible gold sprinkles, fancy! So if you feel like getting busy with your baking tin this weekend then give these little goodies a go – but be warned, you can’t just have one!
175 grams soft brown sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup
175 grams butter
250 grams porridge oats
20g Honeycomb Pieces
40g Dark Chocolate Chips
200g Galaxy Chocolate (about two big bars)
Edible Gold Dust for Sprinkling (optional!)
– Heat your oven to 150 oC (gas mark 2) and grease your baking tin with a little butter
– Melt your butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan
– Once melted stir in your porridge oats, honeycomb pieces and chocolate chips and transfer the mixture into your greased baking tin
– Press into the corners of your tin and level off before baking for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
– Leave your flapjacks to cool in the tin while you melt your chocolate (either over a pan of boiling water or in the microwave for about 40-60 seconds)
-When your flapjacks are cool, pour over the chocolate (sprinkle on your gold dust for extra snazz) and leave to set…don’t forget to lick the bowl!
– Once set (you can pop them in the fridge to make this happen faster) slice into squares and hide from everyone!
You’re left with a super sweet and crunchy chocolate honeycomb delight that you’ll want to bake again and again! Make sure you use good quality chocolate for the top for extra yum and get creative with your flapjack extras!
Don’t forget to tag me in a picture @xameliax on instagram if you give me Honeycomb Chocolate Flapjacks a go!