Hey Guys! Today i’ve got a guest on xameliax – the wonderfully talented Emily from Recipes and Reviews! Emily and I both love a spot of baking so we’ve decided to do a cake swap and guest post two tasty recipes on each other’s blogs for you to feast your eyes (and belly’s) on! I’ve baked an Earl Grey and Lemon Loaf Cake (scroll to the bottom for the link to this!) and Emily has made these sweet and fiery Stem Ginger Shortbread biccies – over to Em!
I’m Emily, a food blogger from Leicestershire who writes over at Recipes and Reviews! I love nothing more than a strong but milky cup of Earl Grey alongside a slice of Bakewell tart. My favourite food is sushi and Japanese but I also love to try out homemade pasta and macarons when I have the time (and I’m not running it off!)
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C (Gas mark 4) and grease a 8″ round cake tin or silicone mould.
2. Crumble the butter, sugar, flour and ground ginger together.
3. Stir through your chopped ginger and honey, then form into a dough-like ball.
4. Press down the mixture into your cake tin and make sure the top is even.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and cooked through.
For The Icing
1. Whisk together the butter and icing sugar, preferably with an electric or stand mixer.
2. Add in the stem ginger syrup to taste.
3. Once your shortbread is ready and cooled, use a palette knife to coat the top with the icing. Once the icing has set, remove from the tin at once.
4. Scatter with extra chopped stem ginger – and enjoy!
These look amazing and i can’t wait to give Emily’s Stem Ginger Shortbread recipe a go – look at that icing!!! *drools* I love Emily’s blog so make sure you take a look at some of the other yummy recipes she has on there – loads of quick and tasty meals for mid week and fancy restaurants for the weekend too!
Don’t forget to visit Emily’s blog for my Earl Grey and Lemon Loaf Cake recipe too!
Make sure you tweet me a picture if you give our cakes a go @xameliax! #cakeswap