How to Apply Glitter to Gel Nails and make it smooth
Ever tried to apply loose glitter to your gel nails and have it slide right off or end up lacklustre and uneven?
You’ve mastered the perfect at home gel manicure but can’t seem to get the glitter part right!
Well I’ve got the perfect method for you to ensure you get super sparkly, smooth glitter nails every time and you won’t believe how easy it is to do!
Watch: How to Apply Glitter to Gel Nails with a Smooth Finish
How to apply:
- Apply your base coat layer nice and evenly and cure when done.
- Apply two coats of colour, curing between each layer. Don’t wipe off the tacky layer which will be left on your nails.
- Pop your finger into the bag of glitter OR sprinkle the glitter over the nail.
- Gently press the glitter onto the nail before tapping off any excess.
- Gently buff the glitter into your nail with a small nail art brush using circular motions. This helps the glitter to stick to that tacky layer as well as making it lie flat and feel smooth.
- Make sure you buff in the edges and the tip as well.
- Remove excess glitter with a fan brush.
Pin This for Later: