High Protein Lunch Ideas: Spiced Lamb & Cous Cous Salad
I’ve recently upped my protein game to help me feel fuller for longer and aid my new workouts at the gym. But I’m already getting fed up of chicken and eggs and eating the same thing for lunch and dinner so this week I went on a bit of a new recipe mission!
It turns out Lamb has about the same level of protein as chicken AND it also has the added benefit of B vitamins to help fight tiredness and Iron and Zinc for a healthy immune system. Praise the lunchbox gods, here’s to a bit of variety! I got out my spices and started experimenting until I came up with this office friendly on the go heathy lunch recipe!
So if you fancy something a little different in your lunchbox that’s packed with flavour, protein and vitamins and can be meal prepped ahead of time…this one’s for you!
- 150g Lamb Cubes
- Olive Oil
- Moroccan Spice Rub
- Mixed salad – leaves, cucumber, tomatoes radishes – whatever you fancy!
- Cous cous (Moroccan spice, or any of your preference)
- Chick peas
For 1-2 Salad Portions:
- Rub your Lamb Cubes with your spices – you can make your own spice mix if you’re feeling confident, or get a pre-mixed one from any good supermarket
- Marinate for 4 hours with a couple tablespoons of olive oil inside a sealed sandwich bag – don’t skip this step, it adds so much flavour!
- Make your cous cous according to the packet instructions and let it cool.
- Make a quick fresh salad with whichever ingredients you like – I love cucumber and tomatoes in mine!
- Cut into chunks and soften the courgettes in a frying pan either dry, or with a little oil
- Add the lamb cubes to the pan and fry until cooked through – about 8 mins
- Mix your cooked courgette into the cous cous along with your chick peas
- Place into a lunch box along with your mixed salad.
- Top with the lamb and a splash of tzaztiki!
The result? A high protein salad to keep you full all afternoon, packed with nutritious veggies and lots of flavour! But be warned, your office buddies may try to steal this one out the fridge…post it notes at the ready!
Pin This for Later:
*Paid collaboration with Try Lamb Love It! Recipe and opinions all my own!