You probably read the title of this one and did a double take. Yes I said Maple Syrup Stir Fry and yes you’re going to love it – we’re cooking fusion baby! I usually think of pulled pork as an American dish with sweet potato fries and a buttery ear of corn but we’re putting a Chinese twist on this one with some oriental spices. We’re also flipping the stir fry veg – usually reserved for soy sauce and honey – and giving it a fusion nod by swapping out the honey for maple syrup, and wow is it good!
Sound like a lot of work? What if I told you prep for this dish takes less than 10 minutes and you can literally leave it all day to do it’s thing. Oriental cooking really doesn’t require a million fish sauces, wasabi pastes and spices, it’s easy for anyone to try at home, and this recipe? Well, you won’t believe the taste at the end for this little effort…just don’t tell anyone that last bit!
What You’ll Need
1 Packet of Blue Dragon Chinese BBQ Season & Stir
2 Pork Loin Steaks
2 Tbsp Cornflour
1 Pork Stock Cube
For the Veg
1 Pack of Mixed Stir Fry Veg
2 tbsp Blue Dragon Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Place your pork steaks into the slow cooker and sprinkle over the blue dragon seasoning
- Add your pork stock (about 1/2 pint) and squeeze in the BBQ sauce
- Cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 5)
- When your pork is nearly done, spoon some of the sauce into a bowl and mix in the cornflour until disolved – tip back into the slow cooker
- Stir Fry your vegetables with the soy sauce and maple syrup until cooked but still crunchy
- Pull the pork apart with two forks for that authentic pulled pork feel and serve with your veg on a nest of Blue Dragon Egg Noodles
We enjoyed ours with some Prawn Crackers and Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce!
That little fancy BBQ packet does all the work for you, and your slow cooker of course. What you’re left with is a spicy, sticky, BBQ pork dish with sweet and salty veg that works perfectly together. Honestly, this one’s a winner and I’ve already stock piled a few of those season & sauce packets for when we fancy a naughty but nice tea with minimal effort! YOU. ARE. WELCOME.
This post is an entry to the Foodies100 Chinese New Year recipe challenge sponsored by Blue Dragon. The range of Blue Dragon products is available in all major supermarkets at an RRP from £0.69. To find out more, visit www.bluedragon.co.uk ….wish me luck!