| Sponsored Post in Collaboration with UBU |
I love Autumn. Bundling up with thick scarves, warm coffee, bobble hats and cosy boots! I always tend to channel nature’s changing colour palette with my Autumn beauty – think golden leaves, dark berries and deep rich browns – to give a natural but quite striking look that you can build up for day or night.
I first discovered UBU Makeup Brushes* at the start of this year when I was drawn in by their rose gold tops – I’m a sucker for anything coppery – and their amazing range of super affordable brushes I’d seen a few people using online. We featured them in a Makeup Brush 101 article a few months back which is certainly one to check out if you’re thinking of re-vamping your collection. They’re great brushes, super soft and fab for foundation, cheeks and eyes so I’m working with them to bring you a super simple Autumn Day Look that anyone can replicate – no tricky eyeliner and only three shadow colours!
Here comes the how to…
- I started with a base of MAC PRO Longwear applied with the UBU Foundation Brush (£5 from Tesco/Asda or online). I love this foundation because it really does last all day and I find it gives me just enough coverage and a lovely finish especially when applied with UBU’s foundation brush which is great for building coverage where you need it and evenly distributing the product.
- Concealer time just applied with ring finger on any places I need a bit more coverage. I’m loving Benefit’s Erase Paste right now as it’s creamy formula is great if you find your skin gets a bit drier in the colder months. I also like to gently wet some of the UBU Makeup Sponges (£4 Tesco/Asda or online) and pat over once I’m finished to blend any brush strokes or build up on concealer – I find they give such a flawless finish even on bad skin days.
- Onto the eyes! I started with Benefit’s It’s Complicated a lovely soft rose gold shade all over the lid applied with an UBU No.35 from their Smoke Screen Set (£6 Tesco/Asda or online) before taking MAC’s Amber Lights over the centre of the lid and blending in Bourjois Number 54 shadow into the crease and under the bottom lid. I also took a little more of this golden brown on the UBU No.36 from the same set and ran it across my bottom lash line for a subtle smudge effect. Brows are courtesy of Benefit’s Ka-Brow my new brow go to!
- On my cheeks I used the UBU Angled Blusher Brush (also from the Smoke Screen set (£6 Tesco/Asda or online) to apply some of the Body Shop Honeycomb Bronzer for a little lift of colour and around my hairline and jawline for a subtle daytime colour.
- On my lashes I’ve layered up Benefit’s They’re Real Tinted Primer and They’re Real Mascara in Brown because I think brown mascara looks amazing with blue eyes and gold toned shadows. It’s also a little softer for a daytime look.
- On my lips I’m wearing one of my favourite lippies at the moment – Whirl by MAC! I’ve used the UBU No.31 Angled Eye Brush (from the Smoke Screen set (£6 Tesco/Asda or online) to dip into the lipstick and create a lip liner for a sharper finish and then filled the rest in with the lipstick bullet.
And that’s it – our lovely Autumn Daytime Look! It wears really well too with a spritz of Fix+ and I just love how the copper hues make my eyes pop, it’s subtle but it really makes a difference!
What do you think? Would this be something you’d wear this season?
You can find all UBU brushes in Tesco or Asda or on Amazon!