I bloomin’ love KFC. Sometimes that greasy fried chicken goodness is all you need to perk you up and make the world a better place. Joe and I have been known to eat an entire bonless family box for 4 between the two of us…no shame. But along with that MSG-fuelled taste sensation also comes a boat load of calories so I’ve created my very own Healthy KFC Chicken Recipe you can try at home even if you’re watching those scales!
What You’ll Need
2 Chicken Breasts
2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Celery Salt
1 tsp Onion Salt
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp BBQ Dust/Seasoning
- Preheat your over to 200C (Gas Mark 7)
- Cut your Chicken Breasts into strips
- Mix the spices and breadcrumbs together in a bowl
- Roll and coat the chicken in your spice mixture
- Spray a baking tray with Fry Light, place your chicken onto the tray spacing evenly and bake for 25-30 mins until coating is crispy and chicken is cooked through.
Serve with quinoa or boiled and baked healthy chips with beans or gravy on the side…which do you choose?! It’s crispy, it’s spicy and it tastes sooooo good! You woudn’t know it’s a healthy version and as long as you don’t go smothering it in BBQ sauce or full fat mayo you can enjoy this whenever you feel like and not worry about the number on those scales!
Don’t forget to tweet me a picture @xameliax or leave a comment if you give my Healthy KFC Chicken Recipe a go!