Beauty boxes – the true phenomena of our online skincare and makeup world. I absolutely love the idea of beauty boxes, getting to try out loads of different products to see if they work for you at a fraction of the cost, but I’m not a big fan of monthly subscriptions. Also, while it’s fun to have a surprise, sometimes you want to know what you’re buying to save wasted products or money if your skin doesn’t agree with a lot of the things in there.
This is when I discovered the QVC’s Try It, Love It box, or Tili for short – a none-subscription beauty box with a selection of gorgeous new and cult products for you to test out for just £20. They’re already on their 4th edition which you can buy from their website and this one’s really quite special! Let’s have a run through what’s in there…
- 1 x Alpha-H Liquid Rose Gold (50ml) – NEW! This is a limited edition version of the cult classic Alpha-H Liquid Gold. My skin LOVES the original version of this product but it is very abrasive and occasionally my skin is a little too sensitive to use it. The new Rose Gold version still has the classic glycolic acid base but also enriched with rose, lotus and orchid petal for a more gentle and calming resurfacing treatment which exfoliates while you sleep!
- 1 x Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (30ml) complete with a muslin cloth – Again I absolutely adore the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish as does my skin! I ran out a while ago and have been toying with a re-purchase especially for when I go away as it always leaves my skin feeling incredibly clean but also calm. If you haven’t used it before it’s a face cleanser that removes daily grime and also makeup with rosemary, chamomile, eucalyptus and cocoa butter.
- 1 x It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream (4ml) in medium – This is a new one on me, a pigmented cream enriched with collagen, peptides, hydrolysed acid and vitamins to give the perfect barely there better than skin look. I’m really looking forward to trying this one out!
- 1 x Erno Laszlo Cleansing Oil and Cleansing Bar (15ml and 17g) – Part one in this picture and part two in the next, this is a double cleanse system to help hydrate your skin whilst cleansing deeply. I’m really into double cleansing – currently using a great set from Pestle and Mortar but it’s too big to travel with. Again this is going to be perfect to pop in my overnight bag after giving it a go later!
- 1 x Benefit Roller Lash (3g) – My FAVOURITE mascara that my lashes just love! With a flexible curled plastic wand it really does leave a lovely coat on your lashes and when used with a curling wand you’re onto a winner. It doesn’t smudge and the brush separates lashes wonderfully. It’s also really easy to remove, unlike another famous Benefit mascara!
- 1 x OPI Fiji Collection Nail Polish (15ml) – Now we do get a lucky dip with this one as your box contains one of the new OPI Fiji collection! It’s a lucky dip from: Getting Nadi On My Honeymoon (lilac-toned pastel pink), Polly Want a Lacquer? (lavender), I Can Never Hut Up (grey holographic shimmer), Suzi Without a Paddle (pastel blue), Two-timing the Zones (vibrant candy pink), Living On the Bula-vard! (coral red), Do You Sea What I Sea? (shimmering royal blue), or Is that a Spear in Your Pocket (teal). Always love a new nail colour and as my collection is a little out of hand I’m excited by the colour surprise for this one – trying something completely new!
- 1 x Vita Liberata 10 Minute Tan (20ml) – This one’s a self-tan lotion that can be washed off after just 10 minutes! Or leave it on and it develops into an odor-free, transfer resistant colour within 4-6 hours – always love a bit of a tan.
- 1 x Erno Laszlo Cleansing Oil and Cleansing Bar (15ml and 17g) – see above!
- 1 x Julien Farel Vitamin Shampoo & Conditioner (50ml) – I love experimenting with new hair stuff so these are great for me – designed for weak or damaged hair this shampoo and conditioner set cleanses your hair without stripping natural oils enriched with vitamins and hyaluronic acid. The conditioner enriches without weighing down too which is fab.
- 1 x Ultrasun Face SPF30 (25ml) – A lightweight once a day sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection. Perfect for sensitive skin and ideal to prevent premature ageing of course!
I’m really impressed with my first look at QVC’s Tili box – I think it’s a fab selection of good sized products and even better that there’s no subscription! This would also make a great present for a friend or any beauty newbie who wants to expand their product range without committing to one product.
I’ll certainly be checking back on QVC to see what’s in the next one!
*Post in collaboration with QVC