Sponsored Recipe with Try Lamb, Love It!
I adore Indian food, and it’s so easy to recreate at home. There are also a million ways to cook a curry so you can really get creative with your ingredients, flavours and tastes and some of them can be whipped up in under an hour!
When I was in India I fell in love with Lamb in my curry. The meat just lends itself to the rich spices and creamy sauces of the region and is now my go to choice when we head out for a curry. Lamb is also full of protein and B Vitamins which helps you feel fuller for longer AND less tired – what a fab ingredient!
Let’s take a look at this yummy little spicy dish…
What You’ll Need
- 250 grams diced lamb
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red Chilli
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1/2 cup lamb stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Green Pepper
- A squeeze of lime
- Fresh coriander
- Dice your garlic, chilli and onion and cut the green pepper into chunks
- Brown your onions in a tablespoon of oil and add the garlic, garam masala, fennel and turmeric being careful not to burn it
- Pour in the puree, coconut milk, butter, stock, pepper, salt and chilli
- Add your lamb before covering and simmering for 20 minutes until lamb is cooked through
- Squeeze over lime and sprinkle chopped coriander and serve with your choice of rice
You can use less chilli if you want to cool it down a little, and its fab for your slow cooker too! Just brown the onions, garlic and lamb in a pan before adding to everything else in your pot and cooking on high for 4 hours of low for 8!